How to Decorate a Fireplace Mantel in a Rustic Style?
Do you enjoy sitting by the fireplace in your living room? Does a bright crackling fire give you something more than warmth? Well, most people love to have fancy Rustic Mantel Fireplace Beam at their homes. According to a survey, almost 70 percent of American home buyers desire to build a beautiful fireplace in their living or family room.
The indoor fireplaces were introduced long back during the Middle Ages. It was the time when people lived in huge castles and used fireplaces to warm themselves. However, modern fireplaces are also used as an aesthetic interior corner.
Uses of a Fireplace in Home Interior Spaces:
- To make cozy fires
- Used as a romantic corner
- Used for heating liquids in a kettle
- Eco-friendly heating solutions
- Helps to reduce energy costs
- Makes your space energy efficient even without electrical energy
Rustic Fireplace Mantel Decorating Ideas
Nowadays, many homeowners want to style-up their fireplace corners with lovely rustic mantels. Rustic designs refer to an organic or unfinished feel. Something that looks historic and less finished like an old motif. They are decorative elements used to enhance the look of the fireplace.
Rustic fireplace mantel designs can be created with many different materials. You can use stones, metals, wood, and remodeling materials to name a few. The mantel can also be painted and adorned with ornamental items to complete the look.
Primary mantel Design Considerations
Before you select a handy material for your mantel, it is advisable to consider a few points:
- Rustic Finish – A sample material should be obtained to see if it matches with the existing room decor. The color and the mantel material should gel with the ambiance of the entire room.
- mantel Size – If you are remodeling or replacing the fireplace mantel, the measurement of the old piece can give you a clear idea. You can mark out the area and mantel size before placing starting the work.
- Exact Proportions – The rustic mantel plan should be in scale with the fireplace and the room proportion. You can leave some space between the top area of the fireplace and below the mantel for a visually pleasing effect.
- Safety Features – Some kinds of rustic materials for the mantel may be extremely heavy. You need to exercise caution and secure the piece properly to ensure that they do not fall, break or crack.
In many places, there are strict regulations regarding the building code and structure. You have to adhere to the municipality guidelines in your area relating to fireplace mantel position in the room and its specific size. For instance, a fireplace mantel should not touch a door or windowsill.
Creating a superior fireplace mantel design can be achieved by hiring an expert mantel design craftsmen who offer perfect solutions. You can approach companies that manufacture long-lasting and artistically designed mantels. Rope in experts for rustic fireplace mantel decorating ideas. They have many years of experience in making hand-crafted spectacular rustic mantelpieces in pure wood or other high-quality materials.